Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I got my corndog.

Yesterday could have ended badly. Very badly. I drove home from work the other day on a nearly empty tank of gas. I had no money to put more gas in it and that was a good enough excuse as any to take a day off of work...because there wasn't really a way for me to get there.

Later that evening, a two good friends of mine sensed there was something very wrong with me on my end of the universe and knew to call me. So they did. I got an invite to spend the night over with the both of them, whittling down the remains of the day watching The Breakfast Club and eating junk food and bitching about relationships with two of the straightest men on earth.

Come hell or high water, I was making it there somehow or another.

Fate wanted me there because my gas tank, which was clearly as empty as I left it when I got home from work that evening, made it all the way back north without a hitch. Blessed be.

It was a good evening that took the blues away for a while. Party #1 filled up my gas tank so I could make it through the week and then some. While I wasn't looking, party #2 slipped $500 dollars in cash in my purse to get me through the rest of the month and then some. From that point on, I vowed never to bitch about my relationships ever again. This whole time, I had two of the best boyfriends on the planet.

The previous guy promised me corndogs and never got them for me. These two guys gave me the means to buy them for myself. So, I bought one for dinner.

And, it...was...delicious.

No comments: